Sunday, November 30, 2008

Republic Polytechnic Reflection 08 Closing Bash, 28/11/08, 8pm

An Hour Leeway and the audience are screaming !!! Music has no barrier !!!

Reflections is Repbublic Polytechnic's Community Arts Festival. This year, its Closing Bash was held on the 28th Nov 2008. Thank the organisers for inviting me to perform at the Closing Bash.

It was my first time performing at RP's 1500 capacity auditorium-concert-theatre. I must say the place is so well equipped and shiok singing on the stage.

Was there at around 3:30pm for sound check, 6pm to set up sales booth, 8 pm to gather at the backstage and 9pm was my turn to sing. Sang 2 songs: 1. An Hour Leeway & 2. Wonderful Love. Both are mandarin songs. Oh yah ... I was informed by my personal assistant that90% of the audience was Malays and I guessed they were there to support Singapore Idol Taufik. And yah, Republic Poly is a "international" poly.

I must really thanks the audience for screaming with me throughout the performance though I'm singing in Mandarin. Thanks for listening to my music for 10 mins.

Met Taufik for the first time. Nice chap. As we were all rushing for autograph, just managed a handshake but hey he is humble and well mannered. Hope we could work together one of these days.

Taufik, thanks for relating the message to the audience to support local arts.. Salute !!!

And to the team at RP, you are GOOD !!! Really GOOD !!! Though I am yet just an unknown local artist, you have made sure I am well taken care off througout. I like that profesisonalism !!!

Keep it up everyone !!! And keep it touch.

No comments: