Thursday, October 9, 2008

音乐和自己的正业---社工

30/09/2008 (10pm - 11pm)Capital Radio 958 "月光宝盒"DJ潘家镳与独立音乐创作狂人YET叶敦鸿畅谈<<音乐和自己的正业---社工>>

... the contents below are my 2 cents of worth of thoughts ... it doesn't represent any party but only myself as a resident in Singapore who is concerned about the well-being of the children and youths nowadays.

Music and Work, I insist not to mix them up. However, Music and Work, mixes in reality. Similarly, there ain't a clear line between anything even though if we insist. Because the so called clear line is a result of human intervention. No one can be so clear, even about themselves. The only clear line is actually all about yourself, to bluntly put ... self-ish. A "self" is made up of experiences. And decision is made based on experiences. So, whoever got a louder say, draws the line. But is it objective or subjective? My Music and My Work depend on My Experience ... My Music and My Work are subjective... yes I heed advices here and there ... but I only take what my experiences told me work for me. So is it ob or sub?

The new generation of children and youths are trapped with all sorts of LINES. Clear or Unclear, Objective or Subjective ... I guess the most important thing for them nowadays is CONVENIENCE. This is when LINES turn in LIES so easily, where you find the letter N of a COMPASS is missing. Children and Youths lose direction in a society where there are so many lines set up to provide them with a structure to arrive at a destination. Maybe the system should not base their experience to enforce it on the new generation but to return the COMPASS and let them discover for themselves their real "self".

Whether this entry makes sense or not, it's objective and subjective. But at least I speak up. Imagine how many children and youths have chosen to shut up due to the lines? They should have a voice, not a represented self-ish voice ...

No comments: