Sunday, August 19, 2007

3 plus 7 = SUCCESS !!!

Was msn-ing with Tristan 王志文 a few nights a go. Was chatting with his experience going on air fm933 with his music school, Funkie Monkies Pop Music School, as one of the top students (declared by Eric Huang Yun Ren 老師)。 The fm933 program is about songwriting and Tristan was there to share his experience and u know what, in less than a year with the school, he managed to sell a song to my superstar friend Joi 蔡淳佳,and could be 主打。So look out for Tristan's composition in Joi's latest album.

Love Tristan's melody, it always tested my singing ability, too bad the songs written are not tailored for me, I'm just helping him to sing his demos. (Tristan, save a few good songs for me if u could yah... Ha...)

Had a few chance to partner Tristan singing in a pub and it is in him to challenge himself the difficult songs. I guess this character is very much reflected in his songwriting. And have also partnered him in song composing, penning lyrics for his melody. U will never meet such serious writer like him. Every note counts - nice turn or not, flow or not, emotion getting high or not, arrangement ganna or not ... and he spend a lot of effort in getting his demo done. This, I salute him.

Honestly speaking, Tristan, u good lah. After the partnership of second song with you 《全怪我》, I was like ... wow this guy is damn hardworking man, 可塑性 machiam 高。 There is a chinese saying, “ 三分天注定;七分靠打拼”。You have shown it so well. Add oil yah !!!

No comments: