Monday, August 27, 2007

DragonFly

Last year when I went on a trip to Taiwan, I was actively searching for a 民歌餐廳。The first one that I found was situated at 台北市敦化南路 and the second one is at 愚人碼頭。The second one is similar to those 民歌餐廳 in Singapore. The first one which I was very impressed is called 主婦之店 (http://www.zeelive.com.tw/). They have a full system which runs in the house to support the band and lines-up of professional singers to entertain the sardine-packed audiences. I was like, ... how I wish I could be singing in such a setting.

I have been a Mandarin pub singer for 8 years. Most of the time, performance was only with a piano/guitar/both. Until recently, more ideas have been injected such as adding in some pre-sequenced music bars to beef up the whole performance. A complete band performance is usually not possible in a Mandarin pub setting due the contstraints of space and system.

Was there at DragonFly on 23rd Aug 2007 to help out with <<881>>music performance. Was learning to be a good guitar technician under Eric Ng's guidance. Ha !!! Simple job but I think it helps him save time. Ok, back to the topic, so what's about Dragonfly? I must say I am a proud Singaporean to have DragonFly. Eric brought his Funkie Monkies band onto the stage and make a good great sounds to salute the DragonFly. With lines-up of pro good singers, the performance was awesome. With the system and space, DragonFly has a team of great technicians to support a successful gig.

At last I hear some hope, some hope that would provide professional singers a real platform to showcase their talents, some hope that would nurture a good performers. There is a Zee Live House in Taipei, in Singapore, we finally have our DragonFly !!!

No comments: