Friday, August 17, 2007

MASTER-ing

Went to seek Leonard Soosay's advice on mastering of my tracks some time ago. Leonard is very well-respected in the local English Rock Bands areana. Thanks to Wendy for introducing him.

He spent some time listening to few of my songs and he confirmed that the tracks need to be mastered badly. He then suggested that if I want a good mastering for the kind of songs in the album, Hong Kong and Taiwan is good. But the usual America contacts he use would be best. He took some time to explain to me what is so different about HK & Taiwan VS the America. It's tempting to want the best, if not the better. But I know I really don't have the budget to go international. Leonard, thanks a lot. Really hope that one day I could have a bigger budget to try the America. Things are getting exciting ... music is full of fun and challenges !!!

Decided then to be thick skin and approached the ever busy Eric Ng, the BIG HEAD in local Mandarin Pop. Understand that he is also working very tightly with his budget on the Original Sound Track of local movie production <881>. But understand that this BIG fella will not compromise his quality of work even with a tight budget. He will make sure everything is done swee-swee. So I'm pretty sure, he has a tip or a few to offer.

Caught him on the day of a workshop at Escape Youth Park last week ... yah I knew it's not the right time ... but really thanks a lot for sparing me your time. Thanks for the advice and the contact too. As I really have to learn to work within my means, that contact is really practical at this point of time.

Will be sending the cd to Aaron for mastering by tomorrow morning. He is a nice guy to talk to as well. Thanks for taking so many questions despite your busy schedule.

Thank you guys ! You are great !

No comments: