Thursday, July 24, 2008

Interview by Lilian and Jeff Love 97.2 FM

Jeff, Yet, Lilian

U know, I have been watching and listening to Cai Lilian Big Sis since I was a student. Listening to her singing with Chen Hanwei "Guan Huai Fang Shi" and then watching her take part in a songwriting compettion organised by TCS and partnering Ric singing the competing song. That period was actually when Xinyao was progressing to a more commercial pop writing era and that we were seeing the rise of more local talented youngsters in the music industry.


With quite a bit of hard work, I managed to get into MusicDreamer Cafe (Ai Qin Hai) and realised my dream of becoming a mandarin pub singer. Thanks to Sally (one of the bosses of MusicDreamer) and the seniors who have given me a chance. And ... look who's there too? Lilian Big Sis was singing there too, and just as I thought Dream FMz was singing there too ... I heard they were leaving for good. Anyway, whether it is Lilian or Dream FMz, these people were whom I looked up to in the local industry. Of course there were seniors like the late Sunkist 黄元成老师, 许环良老师, Gary, Zennon, James, Kening, these are people who in one way or another have inspired me to dare to dream about this album.


My point to make is, they are really people who are passion about what they are doing. And Music really does wonder. As much as it reveals character, it develops character as well. As a D.I.Y, I have indeed learnt a lot through music ... about my Life, myself and about others. I make more friends like Jeff. And music has given me the opportunity to be on air with Lilian Big Sis ... and learn from her many many many things. Thanks Big Sis for selflessly guiding me throughout the program and thanks Jeff for your patience. I will keep up with the positive energy that all of you have given me.


That night of local music with local DJs in a local station with local support ... really very touched. And I am positive that local artiste is still very much appreciated and supported by our local people without the need to fly to other country first. We just have to keep believing and keep helping each other. Let's support Singapore Original !!! Let's continue to be crazee about local music, original music !!! And ~~~ stay tune for the clip of interview !!!

No comments: