Saturday, September 8, 2007

《蟑螂兄弟的故事》story of the cockroach-brothers

I have sprayed on a cockroach !!!

My house is full of spider web and I let ants crawl freely under my eyes and I try to close my eyes to cockroaches. But today I have killed a cockroach !!! --> I don't normally ... coz life experiences have taught me to treasure other life-forms and live in harmony with them.

2 BIG cockroaches crawled out from nowhere and were playing hide-and-seek in my house. I was in a dilemma ... to spray or not to spray. And I was very unhappy with myself when I went ahead to spray insecticide on them. I told myself be gentle with the spraying and just use it to warn them to get out of my sight. But in the end one went into hiding and the other overturned. My very first instinct when I saw these 2 cockroaches ... they are brothers. It hurts to spray and it pains to see one overturn ... what have I done ... ? Alamak ... I have separated a pair of siblings ...

Whose fault is it?

The cockroach did not choose to be a cockroach. As a human, I have my intelligence to deal with these cockroaches other than spraying and killing them. But I resort to the shortcut. I have made my place a good place for these creatures to creep into and then yet I'm the one who determine their fate. Should I then not be too kind anymore so that I would not create any more of this mess? Maybe I shoud ... I should clean up the place where the ants are, have a spring cleaning and clear all the webs; maintaining a fresh clean environment and moving forward. But some may argue that we could just let the cockroaches exist so long as they do not cross boundary again.

I guess sometimes life is just that. Being too kind creates a bigger mess. Sometimes we must know when kindness is appropriate; if not, the kind one will likely end up being the cruel and evil one. The dark side will never tell what they are up to and their existence really challenges your conscience and value when you decided to fight them for a justice. I strongly believe every mankind exists to do good. But for some who do not understand the meaning of doing good, we shall forgive them with an open heart, guide them, warn them of the consequences. But if they choose to stubbornly continue their old ways, I think we should not do them wrong again.

I will write a song 《蟑螂兄弟的故事》, anyone want to pen the lyrics for me?

Oh yah yah ... the moral of the story is ...

"If the cockroaches want to play hide-and-seek in broad daylight and still survives, then they jolly well keep to their boundary and not stir shit."

No comments: