Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Some FOOD for a thought ... A Cake Artist ...

Heat it up and Eat with ice-cream !!! Love the special cheesee top layer and the nuts !!!

My lady friend got CRAZY over it !!!

Durian Cake


Tiramisu with the Finger Bread



Eat it Chill


I was not a cake person seriously. Cake to me was just some water and flour with some creamy stuff, whether it tasted sweet or not, tasted good or not, I did not actually bother too much previously as long as my stomach could be filled.

But I started to pay more attention and began to appreciate the art of Cake a couple of months ago when a good friend/mentor, Chris, recommended me to some designer cakes. And they are really designer cakes because the cakes are made by his graphic designer wife and the cakes are beautifully designed. Therefore, I call them designer cakes and they really look good to eat and the fact is, they really taste good.

While deciding to blog about the cakes, I actually told Chris to pass me the pictures of all the cakes I have ordered. You know what, I have actually ordered 7 cakes from them in less than 3 months’ time. Hey hey …this is no marketing strategy, I went back to them because I find their service good and the designer-turned-cake artist really puts her heart and soul into baking every cake. What you get is what you heard, no gimmicks.

Last week, I wanted to order a birthday cake and she refused to do it for me because she was honest enough to say that there ain’t good durians around this season and the cake will not taste good. I really appreciate her frankness and I was recommended the carrot cake. Believe me, you will enjoy it even more if you have tried to microwave it hot and eat it with ice-cream, it definitely taste better than those you get in the café coz the ingredient is so full and so right.

The durian cake …U really get to eat the durian meat but not some big chunk of durian cream. That is enough for you to want to finish the whole cake lor. And the pandan cake, she really spent hours to brew pandan leave in water, and the flavour you have tasted in the cake is 100% pure pandan leave flavour and not artificial colouring or taste. The chocolate cake is classic and taste heaven when serve chill. Another classic is the tiramisu, hey u really gota try the finger man and the tiramisu is definitely one of the best I have ever tried (oh btw, I’m a tiramisu person). The vanilla cake will be a good choice if you are not adventurous with those exotic flavours. My lady friend finished half the train and she kept the rest for her breakfast. No bluff lah …

Okie okie, just base on what I said is not going to convince because you may say I might be just helping a friend out to put on some good words. Then I really urge you that you must give it a try and she has actually got good number of order each week. Oh by the way, it’s a small household business, got license one. And if you are really curious who this cake artist who has triggered my taste bud for cakes, start your order coming … With each order of the cake, you will get a special price for my album. Oops … haaa !!!
Oh btw, the cake is worth the price and it is not too expensive. Try it and U know what I mean.

U could email them at beechris123@yahoo.com for more info.

Have a good appetite in 2009 and eat well, sleep well, stay well !

No comments: