Sunday, May 31, 2009

Mark Lee is Mark Lee ...




When I read the news about Mark Lee's talkshow, it reminded me that he has been part of my life for 20 years since childhood, ugli-fied himself to bring joy to all of us in Singapore.

It is not uncommon to have read about Mark Lee venturing into business, opening a chain of Old Town White Coffee and Monsoon Hair Salon. We have also always heard criticisms about his language during hosting and acting. Well, no matter how, Mark Lee still managed to set a niche for himself in the competitive entertainment industry and business world. His language is more local flavoured than any of the hosts, I mean it's natural and no training needed.(HA!!!) And I seriously think that if he speaks all the same as any host with perfect diction, Mark Lee will not have stood out among the rest. And I don't think he is one artiste who will not just sit around to wait for opportunity to knock nor will he blame the artist manager or company for not able to groom him well. As an artiste, we have the responsibility to better ourselves and knock on opportunities and keep exploring and learning. And that is why you see Mark Lee from just a "dustbin" to a "fruits basket".

A lot of time, I guess we just have to be humble, work on our strengths and diligently drive towards achieving our goals. Mark Lee's achievement is not overnight. He has worked hard to get where he is today. I seriously don't think there is any short cut to success. To achieve success is not easy, to sustain success is even more difficult.

D.I.Y/INDIE Artiste, we have alot to learn from the experience of Mark Lee. Many a time, we may feel inadequate to convince ourselves that we can move further. Inadequacy never ends and we need to constantly upgrade ourselves. And in order to move further, what I feel that we need is actually the courage to give ourselves confidence in little things we can do well and really tell ourselves we can do it and work hard on it (while at the same time, we upgrade ourselves).

Trust me, grab a ticket and listen to Mark Lee's talkshow "LIVE". You'll be surprised Mark Lee can actually talk well, Mark Lee's pronounciation is not as bad as criticised and for sure Mark Lee can make you laugh upside down.

For those who will be there, you may catch a glimpse of me.. Heee... okie lah I may not be as popular as Mark Lee but I have also worked hard. Thanks Mark Da Ge, Minghua Da Ge and Catherine Jie for the opportunity.

Time for practice. Btw, I will update more of my activities in the upcoming blog entries. Stay tune.

No comments: